Google dominates the global search engine market share with over 90 percent of all search queries worldwide being handled by the internet giant.
As it stands, 92.71 percent of all search queries conducted across all search engine providers were done through Google. In other words, more than nine out of ten internet users who search for information online do so through Google.
By comparison, its closest rivals, Microsoft’s Bing and Yahoo!, could only manage a small fraction of Google’s search queries. Bing and Yahoo!’s market shares currently come in at 2.32 percent and 1.59 percent respectively. Their total of 3.91 percent is less than 5 percent of that of Google’s, and nowhere near close enough to able to give Google a run for its money.
China’s leading search engine, Baidu, has a search engine market share of 1.06 percent. Together with Russia’s Yandex at 0.56 percent, they are also one of the world’s top search engines and make up the five-most popular search engines used across the globe.
With such figures, there is no question that the current search engine market share worldwide is dominated by Google. And Google is also, in fact, seeing quite a similar lead and dominance in the US.
Google reigns supreme in the United States with a similar dominance in the US search engine market share. The only difference comes in a slight fall in market share for Google: 88.65 percent in the US compared to the 92.71 percent worldwide.
Next on the list is Bing, with a market share of 6.11 percent and Yahoo!, with 3.55 percent. While the top three search engines in the US parallel that of the most popular search engines used worldwide, that’s where the similarity ends.
Following Bing and Yahoo!, the fourth- and fifth-most used search engines in the US are DuckDuckGo at 1.33 percent and Ecosia at 0.13 percent.
Google’s dominance in the US search engine market share is even more prominent when it comes to search queries carried out on mobile phones, with 94.8 percent of all mobile search queries handled by Google, as opposed to 80.95 percent on desktops and 80.29 percent on tablets.
All accounts have access to the forever free Starter PlanSign Up Free